Living and Growing
~August 6-16 Bugs; Eric Carle
Families, getting to know one another; welcome to a new school year; Manners
~September 4-20 (No School September 3- Labor Day)
Occupations; people in our community
~September 24-October 4
Farm/Ranch Animals- work they do, food they give; Pets
~ October 8-18
Harvest; fall food, vegetables; corn; planting cycle
~October 22- November 1 Halloween
Autumn; Leaves are falling; Boo to You! Seasons; Fairy Tales
~November 5-20 (No School 21-23 Thanksgiving Break)
Thanksgiving: cooking (fire, storage, cutting, bread/wheat); being thankful;
Foods of the World
~November 26-December 6
Land Before Time; Dinosaurs
~December 10-December 20 (No School 21-January 4 Christmas Break)
Christmas, Hanukah, Kwanza; Children of the World; Lights
~ January 7-17 MLK
Weaving (clothing, plants used for weaving), keeping warm (blankets, fire and heating); Snow
Poems and Nursery Rhymes
Clothing Around the World (relates to weather tradition): Winter Wonderland; Snow
~February 4-21 Chinese New Year; Valentine’s Day
Space and Transportation
~February 25-March 14 (No School March 18-22 Spring Break)
Dr. Seuss; Our five Senses
~March 25-April 4
Shelters: adobe, clay, roofs, cultural lodgings, Where do you Live? Igloo
Trees: uses: paper, building, food, shelter; oxygen
Taking care of our environment/ Nature Ecology
~April 29-May 9 May Day
Night and Day; Warm and Cold; weather
~May 13- 23 (No school Monday, May 27th Memorial day)
Flowers, process of seed to plant to fruit/vegetable, bees
- The Last day of school for the Silverton Public School is May 23, 2013.
- Day Care Only Week Tuesday May 28th- May 31st: sign up ahead of time, $5/hour. Transition from school year to summer fun!
(No School Thursday July 4th and Friday, July 5th)
- Water play, Ocean life, where does water come from?
- Farmer’s Market: Where does our food come from? Baking and making goods to sell at the market.
- Field trips, walks, and summer adventures
- Theatre Group and SFLC visits.